Wednesday, June 24, 2009






















This morning was overcast but not very dull so I followed my paths about the place armed with my camera. My goal was to record the beauty that wildflowers offer unbidden to our landscape . Some were successful shots and others too blurry as there was a bit ot wind to deal with. But such beauty abounds if one simply allows it to grow naturally. The lack of direct sun let the depth of color come through. Unfortunately it also brought out the mosquitoes and black flies in hungry droves. There is still one flower I have as yet to capture digitally. It was so lovely and delicate but alas a blurry shot. I'l give another try later. All of this, ofcourse, was instead of working on the dragon but I still have the afternoon for that too. Hah, I got that wildflower photo inspite of the wind and intermitent rain! And here it is too...it's a little wild Tiger Lily also referred to as Columbia Lily. There's only the one on the whole acreage that I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment