Friday, June 12, 2009




I am moving closer to making a start on the dragon. I gave some thought to where to begin and the eyes have it. In looking through my past efforts at dragons...not many and most a some what gruesome if not cartoonish an assortment, I know what I don't want to do more so than what I do. The eyes will hold the key to how far I take this. I've done cat eyes with some success and so I posted them for viewing. They will provide me with a sort of reference for the dragon work. I have also noted the strong resemblence that Pekenese and ShihTsu dogs have to the oriental style dragons of many art works....that is ofcourse only when they are having a huge hissy fit complete with snapping, writhing, flailing and growling...not when they are in the arms of their beloved owners. I have in mind a more down home sort of dragon something subtler and less flamboyant yet brutish, powerful. I want to bring out a wise calmness. Some how...more thought required. Oh, the Great Dane is done so no more excuses. It turned out kind of Marmaduke-ish. I'll post when I get it scanned. The scanner is buried under plastic while I paint the living room. Not an excuse, but my time is divided...I look at as creative thinking time while I get the mundane daily grind done.

No comments:

Post a Comment