Thursday, July 2, 2009




Well now, a couple of days were lost to kayaking the creek and lake with my daughter. A most enjoyable way to catch up as we have not seen each other for several months. We went out first just on the lake so she could get used to the kayak. The next day the guys all went fishing...caught one trout...and we met up with them at the beach where they had set in. We started our paddle on the creek...went upstream for a bit to get some photos and then shot down to the lake and paddled the 5 miles or so to the beach. It is a very energizing recreation...I love it. The result is ofcourse just a few hours devoted to the dragon. It is all blocked in now. The rest of the work will be shading and possibly a background in charcoal...maybe. I am pleased with it so far but I am leaning toward more detail or perhaps the shading alone will improve the look. It remains to be seen. I scanned just the lower part first. The second shot is the pieced together scan to see all at once. I realise that the only proper way to view it is to photograph it which is what I'll do when it is completed. I have a little 'infront of the tv project' on the go now for wetcanvas's drawing challenge of the week. It is leaves. I found them rather dizzying to draw from the reference photo so I cropped out a simple section to draw. I need something to keep me from getting too dozey in the evening...old fogie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment