Thursday, July 9, 2009


This day was a bit of a turned down day. Overcast skies, a late rise (the result of a screeching middle of the night headache), the kitchen still disheveled by the grouting project Mike has on the go...all good reasons to just take it easy. There is a little chipmunk enjoying the sunflower seeds. Much to Freedom's chagrin he is very quick to scoot to the safety of the rocks beneath bird bath. The hairy woodpecker male brought one of his youngsters to feed on the suet log...so cool that he fed him there on the log to teach him the ropes. I had the company of a Jack Russell for an hour this afternoon. He has a rough coat and a skin condition so his 'mom' gets him shaved down like a smooth coated Russell. He was a good boy...just a bit cranky over his front legs. Life is good. I did not go any further on the dragon but I did finish the eye practice for wet canvas weekly challenge. It looks okay though I could use more eyeball practice before I do another protrait.

1 comment:

  1. ok, just ok, that is so totally awesome!! you should be very proud of your work, it is very professional looking..I have been reading your blog, and it has been dreary here too, I want to get out on the lake or river myself

    ReplyDelete