Wednesday, November 18, 2009


I made some changes on the Moonlit Wolf based on the advice I received on wc. I removed the upper part of the tree and left the remainder to become a stump. I extended the mountain range to the right edge of the drawing instead. It is my hope that the viewer's eye will now not be led out of the drawing but rather toward the wolf. I added more trees at the base of the mountains and gave them reflections in the lake. I have begun to improve the foreground with the addition of reeds and rocks suggesting the shore. I can now feel the eye being moved about the picture to rest on the wolf. I'm not sure if I will do much more to this. It's composition feels good but ofcourse the paper has suffered somewhat. I may at some point redo the entire thing on another piece of Bristol once I have satisfied myself with the composition completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment