Friday, December 11, 2009











These are the fruits of my lurking in the woods in my photograhy blind. It went quite well for my first outing with the blind. Inspite of my teetering precariously on the hillside, my tripod snapping in two and my rustling around noisily inside the blind trying to get myself set up in the right spot before I settled into a quiet waiting mode...the little squirrel scolded me quite terribly at first and then finally came back to the feeder. I took many many shots...mostly in pet mode so as to catch the quick moving little guy. I even caught a little nuthatch while I waited for the squirrel to come back. I had planned to experiment more with other modes but being suddenly without a tripod I had to rely on 'shake reduction' as I hand held the camera. More than half of the shots were not good at all but I am pleased with how it went. It was soooo much fun...and I was quite cozy in the blind even though it was -10C and snowing. There were other noises going on too...sounded like a deer or moose or something making snorty grunty noises. Interesting very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment