Friday, December 18, 2009







I've had two more excursions with my photography blind. First I sat out at dawn for 2 hours to see if any deer might be by the salt lick and hay. There had been some tracks up to it a few days ago and the hay had been munched on a bit. Well, the photo here is of the side trail from whence said deer would have come if indeed they had come. I sat eagerly poised, camera in hand but alas no deer.

The next attempt at clandestine photography involved a bag full of fish heads and guts as a lure for whatever carnivore might happen by. Alas, not even crows came by to pick at these goodies. I have replaced my broken tripod so it was an easier sit and wait.So again I simply took a photo of where the intended subject would have been (see bait just to the left of the tree) if it had showed up. I suspect it was the wrong time of day...I waited for daylight this time. It could also be that the beasties are too wary of the blind which I so cleverly thought was a good idea. There are lots of foxes around and they are not that shy so maybe it's just a matter of time. Mike has come home from ice-fishing with 5 more fish sooooo tomorrow I'll try again but this time just before dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment