Monday, April 26, 2010





Yesterday was a totally outdoorsy day...mostly sitting on my dirt pile sifting out rocks so I can turn it into part of the garden this summer. The wonderful thing about sitting in the dirt is that one has lots of time to observe what's going on. I spotted these first few wild strawberry blossoms and this lovely purple blossoms by being close to the earth. They are both very tiny and hard to see...the purple one expecially as it is about 1/4 of an inch in length and very tight to the ground. And this lovely sparrow came and sat on the fence to see what I was doing too. Once again my graphite drawing has ground to a halt...too many spring distractions. Popped into the library and got a book on drawing animals on rocks...I have some old acrylic paints and the fun idea of lining the walkway up to my dog grooming shop with rock kitties. I haven't got that underway yet. I'm waiting for a tube of black acrylic paint to arrive...the only color I don't have and it's in every design.

No comments:

Post a Comment